SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Rain and easterlies brings excitement today!

Well - typical really that birds turned up today! At work, some of my colleagues looked mystified when I was cursing the rain today and ranting on about 'why didn't it do this yesterday on my day off'. After explaining why, they understood a little more of my madness!!!

I felt exhausted and ill when I got home, otherwise I would have gone out birding locally to find some goodies.

Birds seen in Norfolk today included:
Icterine Warbler and pied flycatcher at Waxham, Greenish Warbler, 2 Red backed Shrikes and a wryneck at Blakeney Point at Halfway House (typical!), 2 Wrynecks at Gramborough Hill, Salthouse, Wryneck, 8+ Pied flys, Redstart, 5+ Whinchats at East Hills, Hooded Crow, Salthouse, Black Redstart by Daukes Hide NWT, 2 Pied Flys at Holme NOA, Buff breasted Sandpiper reappeared at Titchwell and escaped Flamingo also.

No comments:

Post a Comment