SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 25 April 2013

Roydon Common NWT

 Roe Deer at dusk, Roydon Common.

Had a nice evening at Roydon Common after work. A lovely yellowhammer sat singing on a gorse bush along with a linnet. Found a Dor Beetle (geotrupes stercorarius) crawling across the sandy path. A Cuckoo called distantly across the heather, which brought a smile to my face – my first this spring and managed to find it sitting in a birch tree. Also saw a common buzzard soaring over the ridge, kestrel, barn owl hunting, pair of jays, carrion crows and 5 roe deers. A flock of linnets and goldfinches also in a tree.

As I walked back, a fox charged through the heather, across my path and off into the undergrowth – it was so close I could hear it panting! The fox flushed a snipe out for me too which was an added bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment