SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 10 May 2020

LOCKDOWN DAY 47 – COVID-19

It was very cold, windy and spitting with rain, but I decided to go for a bike ride – I needed some exercise desperately. I cycled a much greater distance than I had intended and did 14.7 miles this morning!

Not much bird news in these cold and gloomy conditions, but did see my Stonechat again in the fields between Reffley Wood and the QEH and a Sedge Warbler and Reed Warbler were singing. Cycled to Bawsey church ruins – it was obvious I wasn't going to hear yesterday's Quail in these winds and I didn't. I was going to turn back at the ruins, but decided to cycle further on, to see where the track came out – I ended up on Sandy Lane, but instead of cycling along the crazy bypass, I took a track over fields alongside the bypass and came out at the Knight's Hill Roundabout – crossed the road carefully and then sailed at great speed down the hill to the North Lynn bypass and then cycled all the way to Lynn Point.

I could see one Peregrine on the tower and lots of gulls were battling against the wind by the fishing boats. I also saw my first Common Terns – two of them flying along the Great River Ouse towards the The Wash. By the horse meadows at the end of Lynn Point, I saw Goldfinches, Greenfinches, Whitethroats and Blackbirds. Cycled back to the town centre in King's Lynn, past the Custom House, along the Quay and back home through the Walks, where I saw a Song Thrush, Mistle Thrush, Blackbirds and lots of Wood Pigeons. Arrived home at 2pm and had a well deserved rest all afternoon. Made another loaf of bread, a Granary Loaf this time.

Whilst I was resting I was suddenly aware of a cheeky cat sitting right next to my patio door, eyeing up all my birds – I have never moved so fast!!! Now, I'm a huge cat lover, but do not want cats sitting yards from my feeding station! So with lots of very loud noise from me, the cat shot out of the garden through my hedgehog hole in the trellis – I couldn't believe it got through there! I am very worried, as since then I have not seen my baby Robin!!!


STAGE ONE OF LOCKDOWN – 7pm

Boris Johnson speech: PM unveils 'conditional plan' to reopen society

PM's statement prompts questions and gives some answers

Read Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s speech in full

 

‘They thought lockdown was over’- police chief’s concerns after hundreds head to beaches

‘Common sense’ or ‘a bit of a joke’? - Norfolk reacts to prime minster’s announcement

No comments:

Post a Comment