SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 18 February 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MEGAS!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Common Crane at Loch of Hillwell. Russian White-fronted Goose at Quendale Farm. Tundra Bean Goose at Sumburgh Farm. Kumlien's Gull, Glaucous Gull, Little Gull at Shetland Catch, Gremista. Hen Harrier at Mid Yell. Hen Harrier at Burn of Lunklett at East Burrafirth, NE of Aith.
 

Great Spotted Woodpecker
First visit to my garden in Scalloway
 

I was over the moon today, whilst watching my bird feeders from the stable front door, a female Great Spotted Woodpecker appeared on my tree and then flew to the nut feeder and happily fed away, along with 3 Collared Doves, 5 Blackbirds, around 8 House Sparrows, a Robin and a ton of Starlings. To be fair though, the GSW was only a mere guest, as she normally resides in my neighbour Jimmy's garden, so I feel quite privileged she made a visit. Never in the all the 22 years I lived in King's Lynn did I have a Great Spotted Woodpecker visit my town garden – of course they were seen regularly in our family garden at Holme though.

The new bathroom cabinet and glass/chrome shelves were put up on Friday, so I arranged the bathroom properly today, did some washing and general jobs around the house. No wind of note today and no rain either, both unusual here.

No comments:

Post a Comment