SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 18 February 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Saturday 17th February
 
Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Common Crane at Quendale. Tundra Bean Goose at Sumburgh Farm. Snow Buntings x 30 at Ronas Hill.
 

Jamie from Islesat came out to my house this morning to look at my TV signal situation – he explained that even though my Satellite dish looked like it had seen better days, it was working perfectly well and I simply needed a new up-to-date Freesat box. He said that if I got fed up with looking at my very rusty dish, then I could change it to a galvanised one at a later date if I wished, so that's what I decided to do. Jamie sold me and set up a Manhattan Freesat Satellite TV Box and I now have a TV that works!

Walked to the post office, which is within the pharmacy shop in Scalloway with my heavy duty carrying trolley and large parcel to return to Amazon – unfortunately the QR code wouldn't scan as it was an Evri return, so had to walk all the way back to my house and drag the trolley and parcel back up the hill to my house! Will sort that out next week.

Went back to the Main Street and went to The Cornerstone Cafe for the first time. It was totally full, but luckily two people left just as I was going out of the door, so I quickly returned and sat at the window table overlooking the harbour. I had a Basil Pesto, Tomato and Mozzarella Cheese Panini with Coleslaw and Chips and a pot of tea, followed by a banana & chocolate muffin. The food was delicious and I felt like I was on holiday! Its so lovely to know that the second I walk from my house, there are beautiful views of the harbour, trees and a homely cafe 5 minutes away! Who needs a car?!

Had a short walk around the main streets and then went to "Scalloway Meat Company Ltd" (it really shouldn't be called that) and bought some groceries, some cards for people, a door mat, two long bungees for my new wheelie bins and a paint brush. As I walked back home, I was aware of a large number of Collared Doves in a large garden of sycamore trees behind a stone wall – I counted 27 perched up in the bare branches, I don't think I have ever seen that many together before! Back at home I attached the new and longer bungees around my wheelie bins to the expanding eye bolts (that the builder had put in for me yesterday) in the wall – there is no way these are going to fly down the hill into the harbour now!

My insurance company still haven't rung me to say how much they are going to offer me for my written off car. I got pretty cross with them last week, when the week previously I was told on the 9th February that the car was currently been assessed, which takes 5 working days and this would mean the assessment would be finished last Monday at which point they would ring or email me with an offer. I heard nothing by Thursday and when I phoned up in my lunchbreak, I was told they still didn't have the car yet, so basically I had been lied to! I was fuming to say the least. I was told to ring my underwriters and ask for the status to be changed to deskstop assessment (to speed it up), which basically means they would assess by the pictures of the car. So I phoned the underwriters and emailed them 12 pictures in four emails. I then receive an email asking for all the pictures to be sent in one email as they "couldn't save them to send to COPART"?! I emailed back to explain that it isn't possible to send 12 large size pictures in one email and that was why I sent it in four lots. I have heard nothing since.

Caught up with Vivien & Ray, Lucy and also phoned Eddie to wish him happy birthday. Watched some TV for the first time since I moved in on the 23rd January, which was good. Couldn't find my reading glasses anywhere and then I found them. I was mortified. I had been sitting on them! More expense. Currently taped up with sellotape and can only half see out of one lens as I type!


Happy Birthday Eddie!

🎉  🥳 😊 🎊

No comments:

Post a Comment