SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 9 February 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Red-necked Grebe at Bay of Quendale.
 

I've become a flat-pack queen! I hate putting flat pack stuff together with a passion, but have had no choice but do this with several of my Amazon buys lately. When you buy a 5-draw plastic storage chest, you don't expect to have to put this together, but it all came in bits – actually it was very simple in comparison to a tall chrome shelving unit I have been putting together this evening and still putting together, but nearly there!

Everywhere is still white and looking pretty, but icy cold. There are Shetland ponies and sheep on the hill behind my house, which is so lovely to see. My house is much colder than I want it to be, but I'm sure it will be better by next Winter, when I have unpacked everything and the dining room and living room are seperated and with a new heating system on the way and additional storage heaters.

I put all my bird feeders out late this afternoon – the birds will have a fantastic selection in the morning, including a coconut to feed on. I'm just missing peanuts, but I've just ordered some from Amazon. Its very difficult to get heavy bird food with no car. Also sent off for a cool slate roofed hanging bird table to hang from my tree. No point in buying a normal bird table, as I wouldn't be able to stabilise it enough in the winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment