SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 17 February 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Friday 16th February
 
Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Common Crane at Quendale. White-fronted Goose at Quendale Farm. Tundra Bean Goose at Hoswick Burn. Little Gull at Shetland Catch, Gremista. Hen Harrier ringtail, Iceland Gull at Loch of Spiggie.
 

Very busy day, early morning bus to Lerwick to buy bathroom cabinet and glass shelves. Had eggs, toast and tea in the Viking Bus Station Cafe, which I was very impressed by and cheaper than some other places in Lerwick. Then returned home to meet tradesmen to do several more jobs for me, including putting up coat racks, mending stable door etc etc. The office was measured up for a new carpet, late afternoon. Spent ages putting coats on hooks, cleaning up from the drilling mess. Used Briwax to put some new life into my two pine stools. Topped all the bird feeders up. Cleared out some old broken window boxes in the garden. Its been a fairly sunny day here and no wind at all, which is unusual. Busy 🐝!

I introduced myself to my lovely neighbour Jimmy this morning, who is a birdwatcher and has an amazing long standing selection of bird feeders and ponds. Jimmy discovered the Rufous Turtle Dove in his garden in 2015 and showed me a picture that Hugh H. gave him in his living room. It was very sad to hear that Jimmy's wife had passed away unexpectedly on the 22nd January, the day before I moved here. Such a shame that I didn't get to meet her. Hopefully birds and nature will help to lift Jimmy's spirits a little as time goes on. 🕊

No comments:

Post a Comment