SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 1 April 2010

Bluethroat at Holme.....hmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

Two years exactly I GOT Connor and a few others on 1st April!!!!!! with my sighting of a Great Spotted Cuckoo - see: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread....59348&page=148 Anyway much to Connor's amusement he well and truly got his revenge today!!!! I knew it was April 1st (honest I did!) BUT it was manic to say the least at work today, running to get stuff done and patients to be seen etc etc, no time to breathe hardly, no time to think properly. I quickly erased from my mind what the date was today!!! Had my iphone in pocket and I knew I was receiving text messages. Looked quickly in my short tea break and read the following message from Connor: 'Bluethroat holme on flat ground w of forestry!!! I'm rushing down now!' Several missed calls also on my phone...... Phoned Connor at lunchtime to say 'Was the Bluethroat still there.... I am at work, will come straight from work later.......' Connor then said 'do you know what the date is Penny?' chuckling away he was!!!! (little monkey!) Can't repeat the exact words I said in response BUT well done Connor, very funny, now we are quits (for now!!!!!) I had told my parents on the phone as well who had told an elderly birding couple in the village - hope they didn't go looking!!! I am glad I didn't go looking otherwise young Connor would have been in BIG trouble!!!!!!!!! Now wouldn't it be amusing if I found a bluethroat on the Forestry at Holme tomorrow!!??

1 comment:

  1. I would just like to take the opportunity to apologise, but as revenge goes it was rather good! You were very nearly in BIG trouble over the Cuckoo, I'd ran out of the house before I realised what the date was. Anyway, quits now and to make it safe it would be good if you could find that Bluethroat ;)

    ReplyDelete