SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 9 August 2010

Simon King 'Wildlife Walk and Lunch' Competition - I won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't have a very good day at work, really fed up with all kinds of stuff and life, BUT had an amazing surprise when I got home!!!!!!!

I entered a competition on BIRDFORUM a few weeks back - Prize: 'A Wildlife Walk and Lunch with Simon King'. Didn't really think anything more about it, as I very rarely win anything!!!!!

Got home tonight and dozed on the sofa as shattered. Chatted to Connor and then my mother about the RBA message tonight on the 'Northern Bottle Nosed Whales' in the 'Wash' and found out from mother that there was a bit in the EDP (Eastern Daily Press) on Saturday about a 'woman from a boat' who had reported them last week, so I am presuming its the same lady maybe? http://www.wildlifeextra.com/go/news/uk-whale-sightings.html#cr (scroll down to bottom of page) and then I looked on my iphone, as you do, on BF, RBA etc. When I opened 'Today's Posts' on BF I noticed a VERY exciting announcement:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=178065

Rushed to laptop, because you can't really type quickly and excitedly enough on an iphone!!!!!!

Birdforum - Carl Zeiss UK 'Win a Wildlife Walk and Lunch with Simon King!' competition - I won!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost speechless!!!!! Well not quite. How incredibly exciting, thank you soooooooo much BIRDFORUM and CARL ZEISS. WOW!!!!!!

Just read the email from Carl Zeiss - quote ".....you will have an unforgettable experience with "the best in the business......"

I think that goes without saying!!!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting BF members Terry and Jim who also won along with 3 people from the Simon King website: Patti Jenner, Cathy Dyason and Andrew Steele.

http://www.simonkingwildlife.com/ZeissRutlandComp.html

THANK YOU VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY MUCH BIRDFORUM!!!!!!

Very Best Wishes

A very excited Penny XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Typical female - OMG What do I wear?!!!!!! Hmmmmmm - my normal green stuff I suspect, plus not quite slim enough at the moment to be wearing a slinky number!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh Penny, how lucky is that!!! So pleased for you, it makes up for all you've been through lately I would think..there is life after stress after all! Blimey, I expect you'll be eating zilch for the next fortnight now....have a brilliant time, can't wait to hear all about it.
    best wishes

    ReplyDelete