SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 8 April 2011

MEGA evening!!!

Drake Ruddy Duck.


Mallard.


Crop of above picture.


Mallard.


A few miles from King's Lynn I went to a 'Secret Location' !!!!!!! and had a wonderful surprise of a pair of Ruddy Duck in the glorious evening sunshine. This bird is obviously now extremely rare being as most of them have been shot!!! Because of this I sadly cannot reveal where it is, otherwise this pair will also be removed!

Moved on to Holme NWT Forestry where I had a wonderful time watching four Wheatears, one of which was extremely obliging. I spent a long time here and eventually got a frame filling shot. Probably my best wheatear shots to date! Other birds seen: two grey partridges, chiffchaffs singing and a Cettis Warbler burst into song at 8.15pm as I reached were my car was parked by the 5-bar gate. I could also hear Natterjack Toads this evening! No hirundines seen at all.

Avocet.









An obliging male Wheatear, Holme NWT Forestry.


Visited parents and delivered some shopping.

Now, I would love to go and see the 'Welney' White spotted Bluethroat, but I think there will be quite a few others there tomorrow!!!!! So will give that a miss!

Sunset - Gorepoint, Holme NWT.

No comments:

Post a Comment