SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Black-winged Stilt at Cley!!!

A 'first' for Cley!!!

I first heard about this at lunchtime and flew home to get my birding gear for this evening - I don't know why I didn't prepare pre work, as it was to be expected that something good would turn up on my first day back at work. I was lucky enough to have a dentist appointment today at 4.15pm - got out by 4.45pm and was on the road to Cley by 4.50pm (slightly sooner than I would have been, had I not had the appt.). Thanks to Pete S. for updating me on route as to where the bird had relocated to.

Wonderful to watch the Black-winged Stilt this evening from 6pm until 7.45pm from Avocet Hide NWT distantly on Cricket Marsh (updated RBA several times throughout my time here). I was only saying to Eddie the other day, how I couldn't understand why there has never been a Black-winged Stilt recorded in Cley before and now there has! Lots of banter in the hide with Eddie, Andy W. and Justin L.! Also lovely views of 3 Spoonbills.

Just made the Holt fish 'n' chip shop before it closed at 8pm. Cracking evening and a cracking thunderstorm with flash flooding which resulted in a slow drive home this evening.

I did get some pictures, but they are absolutely rubbish!

Highlights in Norfolk today:
Bee-eater flew north over Winterton
Woodchat Shrike remains at Winterton
Black-winged Stilt at Cley this evening
Osprey west over Cley and Wells this afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment