SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 31 August 2012

An expensive Date!!!!

I'm feeling very sorry for myself and also very cross with myself. I will never, never again eat a stoned in date without removing the stone first! Last night I did what I do regularly, eat a date and remove the stone whilst eating (you know what I mean). I crunched on the stone and the second I did this I knew I had done some serious damage to my tooth. Looked in the mirror quickly to discover to my horror that I had split a bottom tooth (which already had a filling in) completely in half and it was loose! I hardly slept all night, worrying that I would swallow a bit of filling or that the tooth would catch and cause me chronic pain. Went to work this morning - phoned dentist and luckily got an emergency appointment - sit and wait at 10am. I was so pleased when I walked in to see a different dentist and the nurse working with him said 'I am sorry this is not your usual dentist, this is an emergency appt.' I replied 'that's ok' - it was more than ok, it was a massive relief that I was not seeing my usual lady dentist who is crap! I was injected with pain relief. The dentist sadly informed that the split was too deep to save the tooth - proceeded to remove tooth, excruciating pain - more pain relief and sat outside in corridor waiting for total numbness. Felt like death and the waiting was pants. Went back in and went through the awful procedure of that feeling of your head being pulled off. Left dentist with compact dressing to stop bleeding. Walked back to my car in a daze and went back to work. Bumped into friends in corridor on the way back to my ward – nice to see you M. and E. - sorry I couldn't talk! Bleeding continued, but no pain as still dosed up. Later in afternoon, pain started to kick in, but managed to control it with double dose of ibuprofen and paracetemol. Sitting at home, feeling rubbish and can only eat soft food! Boo hoo!!!

That DATE cost me £48.00 and am now toothless – can't laugh too much either!!!

PICTURES WILL NOT BE ADDED!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Penny
    With that headline I thought you were off with Simon King!!!
    LOL

    Not so good on the tooth front, I totally sympathise, had exactly the same earlier in the year. Ouch!!

    I really iked your Birdfair pictures below too. Very nice.

    Malc
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha!!! I should be so lucky!!!

    Thanks re: tooth and BF pics!

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete