SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Golden Wedding Anniversary!

My parent's Peter and Margaret Clarke on their Wedding Day,
30th March 1964 at St. Mary's Church, Holme-next-Sea.


Note spelling of village as it was then, not Holme-next-the-Sea!!! Golden Wedding Anniversary this Sunday! I hope the Eastern Daily Press on Saturday and the Lynn News Friday get the adverts correct! Otherwise, there will be trouble!!! Just found out that the Lynn News adverts are now typeset in India!!! How crazy is that? 37 of us used to create all the adverts for Lynn News and other sister newspapers – local people working for local people! How things have changed!

I married in the same church on 13th June 1992. I remember that day like yesterday, feeling so proud with my father walking me down the aisle. But I won't ever be celebrating my Golden Wedding Anniversary!!! I love this picture so much. My mother had very long black hair - always wore it up though – I only ever saw it down when she washed it. More news on the celebrations on Sunday!

http://www.familynotices24.co.uk/edp/view/3390097/clarke

3 comments:

  1. Nice picture ... so where's your one then?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, my wedding pictures are not in digital format. My photographer (Lance Steward) very kindly gave me the negatives a few years later. I had a few made into canvas pictures at the time. But at aged 27 I looked like my mother did on her wedding day (she was 24). I had curly long spiral hair then and I was 8.3 stone - I wish I was now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations from Trevor Donaldson.

    ReplyDelete