SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 21 September 2017

Mid-Week Update & iPhone Accident!

Sadly there has been no "Take 4" attempt at trying to see the Pallas's Grasshopper Warbler at Burnham Overy Staithe so far! Tuesday evening I had to go over to mother's house to help her move furniture/stuff around, in preparation of her Park Ray fire being taken out by a plumber on Wednesday. Still exhausted from twitching, I then had to go over again on Wednesday evening after work to help her hoover up, put everything back to how it was etc. As I left my house to go to mother's on Wednesday evening, I dropped my iphone on the concrete slabs on my drive – I was mortified to see that the screen had completely shattered to the degree that I could hardly read the screen! Obviously a few swear words were said at that point!

I spent ages trying to speak to the Apple Store in Cambridge, but the phone call automatically takes you to an Apple Adviser and although they were very helpful, I would rather have spoken to a member of staff in the actual store. Anyway, so my screen can be repaired for a whopping £136.00 and I have to make an appointment, but they didn't have any appointments on Saturday, but if I arrived at the store first thing, I should have a good chance of getting it done. After returning home from mother's on Wednesday evening, I put out a request on Facebook for any local phone repairers and my work colleagues Bev Eady and Simon Blatch both recommended "Norfolk Phone Repairs" in Gaywood – thank you both.

So, after work this evening I went to the phone repair shop in Gaywood who were absolutely brilliant. Not only did they replace the screen within quarter of a hour of me waiting, it only cost £65! Yes, that is still alot of dosh, but tons cheaper than Apple! Excellent service, 5 minutes from my house and they are open until 8pm each evening, thank you so much!

I then returned home, sat on the sofa for 5 minutes and was woken up by a phone call from mother at 9.30pm! No dinner, no jobs done, cream crackered! Hot news tomorrow evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment