SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 29 June 2018

HBO – In Memory Of Peter Clarke


Here is the plaque that I have spent a long time sorting. This will be unveiled at 10am tomorrow at Holme Bird Observatory. It was difficult to find a company that I was happy with and someone who made quality signs – after much googling I discovered The Anglia Sign Casting Company based at Horsford near Norwich – see their manufacturing video here. It was nice to use a local family firm and 'Robbie' has been incredibly patient with my request for attention for detail and the many proofs back and forth via email!!! Being a Typesetter for over 20 years with attention for detail and spacing, will always make me a difficult customer! Huge thanks to Robbie and the entire company for producing such a stunning plaque – its made from bronze and is not cheap, but the quality and finish is beautiful! I didn't want it to look morbid, as this isn't what its about and deciding on colours took me a while – even though father's favourite colour was green, I realised it had to match the new dark grey window frames of the observatory and the gold (bronze polished letters) represents hot sunny days, which my father loved so much!

I am very pleased with the finished plaque and can't wait to see it tomorrow when it will be unveiled. The Anglia Sign Casting Company is certainly the place to contact for any plaques or signs you require. Hope to see some of you at 10am. See my post earlier this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment