SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 28 June 2021

Lunch With Vivien!

Vivien and I met up for lunch today at Baytree of Hilgay's "Barn Restaurant". Lucy was obviously invited too, but sadly is not in a good place right now and didn't wish to join us as the 'weather was awful' amongst other reasons. To be fair, the weather was awful today, raining and no sun at all. Pity I couldn't persuade Lucy to join us though, as she would have loved the food. We pre-booked our table outside for 12.30pm and it was far better than I thought it would be. I have only been here once before, many years ago and I wasn't that impressed. Today however, was 10 out 10 for everything, very prompt service, very polite staff and the food was scrumptious with very generous portions. I had the 'Breaded Brie Wedges with Cranberry Sauce' with a mixed salad and a bowl of chips and Vivien had 'The Barn Ploughman's' with a pot of tea. Later we had pear and ginger crumble with ice-cream and coffees. We chatted for nearly three and a half hours!!! We will be back!

Today I had my first hugs with Vivien and the first hug with another human being since before March 2020!!!

Returned to King's Lynn and did a big supermarket shop and was generally lazy for the rest of the evening. A lovely relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment