SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 6 February 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Monday 5th February

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Red-necked Grebe at Bay of Quendale. White-billed Diver at South Nesting Bay. Iceland Gull at Burrafirth. Iceland Gull, Glaucous Gull at mid Yell.
 

Sleet this morning as I walked to the bus stop. Very chilly day and we had to have the heaters on higher than usual at work. More snow forecast this week! As another NHS member of staff said to me this morning as we got off the bus "I've had enough of that now" I agree, its all very pretty, but not practical when you need to go to work and get things done. I noted how much lighter it was now, it was light when I left work today! Looking forward to Spring here – I noticed some bulbs already shooting up in my driveway! 🌷

Oh bother, just discovered water coming in the front door at a steady pace. After investigating, the seal has gone in two places where the top section of the stable door joins the bottom half. Another little job for my builder! Took an hour to temporarily solve it (with duck tape) and three wet towels. Good job I noticed this, before I went to bed, so many of my boxes of books and more could have been ruined! One of the disadvantages of living on one level, you can't move stuff upstairs in a water emergency!

No comments:

Post a Comment