SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 22 October 2017

Strong Winds & Family Meet Up!

Very strong and chilly winds today in Norfolk. Picked Lucy up and spent the day with mother and Vivien and Ray popped in later too, which was lovely – its not often we are altogether nowadays. Vivien managed to avoid my little laptop show of all my Shetland photos and turned up just as I had finished, well timed Vivien!😉

Mother has been working hard since I have been away and has had a massive 'trim' of the buddleias outside the front gate, to the point that you can cycle to the end of the road if you wanted to now. Mother seems to think that a car can drive through to the end of the road, which Vivien and I laughed about, it would have to be a children's toy car – alot more needs to be removed to get an actual car through! The 'cat' has now taken over the house even more – its now being fed on father's (was) desk, which I was furious about. Basically the cat doesn't even need to move its backside – a plate of food is now placed in front of it, wherever it decides to sit – this has gone too far!!! I de-flead the cat whilst it was sound asleep and caught it unawares, resulting in a smooth experience for me and the cat!

I still feel very sleepy and not fully recovered from the travelling back from Shetland yet, but so many fantastic memories from this wonderful holiday. I'm really going to enjoy going through the photos on my new Apple iMac – sitting here typing on a 21.5" screen is a joy, when I have been used to using a 15" laptop!!!

I have still have another week off – which I can see I will need, as I have so many photos to go through, so many other jobs to do and hot birding (hopefully) in Norfolk! Having time off after a holiday is such a sensible idea. People often return to work after a holiday looking shattered – you need a holiday to rest after the holiday and that is exactly what I am doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment