SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 9 May 2018

Spiralling Out of Control!

TUESDAY 8th MAY
Mother fell outside yesterday afternoon on concrete in the garden and lay there for approximately two hours calling out (she didn't have her Careline pendant on!) and couldn't get up, until very luckily a BOOTS prescription delivery man and two very kind neighbours came to her rescue and lifted her up. She called me at 4pm to tell me this. She wasn't hurt that much, but her opposite hip is so painful with her 'illness' that I had to call an emergency doctor out to her this evening. He recommended to double her pain patch that she has normally, but couldn't issue her anything else because of her illness.

Massive thanks to the neighbours and the BOOTS delivery man who assisted my mother – I don't know who they were, but thank you so much.

Mother couldn't wash herself and could hardly walk because of the pain, so I got her into bed before I left. I have just got home at 12.40pm - just had a call from Careline at 1.11am to say that she has fallen out of bed. Back I go to Holme and the ambulance has been called. Its going to be a long night.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this. Always very tough to see elderly relatives deteriorating. Remember you are not alone. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is horrendous Penny, she could have died of heatstroke apart from anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very luckily Sue, it was in shade where she was – it could have been far worse!

      Delete