My Egyptian Nightjar photo from the first day, headlines BIRDGUIDES Review of the week, chuffed! Thank you very much indeed!
https://www.birdguides.com/articles/review-of-the-week/review-of-the-week-1-6-september-2026/
No sign of the Egyptian Nightjar first this morning and for the rest of the day, which was heartbreaking for birders arriving by plane, ferry and local boats. I fear the worst very sadly – I would love to think that the Egyptian Nightjar has simply moved on, but the atrocious weather yesterday might have been too much for it and has possibly not survived. Today was the opposite to yesterday with wall to wall blue skies, sunshine and a glittering sea from the hospital windows at work. A total contrast, typical Shetland weather really I suppose! Northern Lights showing here this evening, but can't see them from my house.
What a MASSIVE start to Autumn birding! I didn't think anything would get bigger than the Blue-cheeked Bee-eater, how wrong was I and its only the beginning of September, bring it on! So glad I moved here! Huge congratulations again to finder Roger Riddington and for so conveniently finding this at the weekend and not when I was at work, perfect, thank you!
My birding gear was drying overnight and wasn't dry enough to put back in the car before going to work, so I was praying I wouldn't need it when I finished work. There was a Wryneck and a Greenish Warbler to see, which meant I would have had to divert home to get my gear, but I was far too tired to drive that far anyway. Did a quick food shop after work and returned home. Too exhausted to be looking through any more photos to select of the Egyptian Nightjar, but will do over the next few days. Phoned Ray and Vivien up this evening – its Ray's birthday today!
⚓ 😊 66 Today! 🎉 🎊 🎶🎵

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.