SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 25 August 2013

GREENISH WARBLER & Tons of Migrants in Norfolk!!!


GREENISH WARBLER
Burnham Overy Dunes

Burnham Overy Dunes and Gun Hill
So frustrating to be at work until 4.30pm. I can't remember the last time I saw that many birds on the RBA Website for Norfolk! A stupendous day for birders in Norfolk, Wow!
I flew home after work, cooked quick tea, whilst have a shower at the same time! Flew out of the door and parked up at Burnham Overy Staithe. A beautiful sunny evening aswell! At the end of the boardwalk I saw a Pied Flycatcher and 2 Redstarts in a single hawthorn and got a cracking picture of the redstart. A few yards further along were some familiar faces and I didn't have to wait too long to get some cracking views of the GREENISH WARBLER! What a stunning little bird!!! Got some half decent pictures too! You know its good here when you see LGRE here and loads of other birders! Lee said he didn't recognise me, probably because my hair was in a ponytail from work and I didn't have any make-up on, in other words I probably looked pretty rough round the edges! Anyway, I just couldn't believe how many migrants were around, there were at least half a dozen redstarts just flitting around, some on the fence wires, some on the ground. Sadly I didn't get to see any of the other goodies here eg Bluethroat, Red-backed Shrike or Wrynecks. I looked for the Bluethroat with Lee Gregory and others, but no joy. They continued to search for the bluethroat and I went off alone to Gun Hill.
At least 30+ Wheatears at the Gun Hill end along with more Pied Flycatchers, Redstarts and lots of Willow Warblers and also two Whinchats. Several birds skulking about the bushes on the seaward side of Gun Hill, but too dusky now to see what they were! Walked back in the dark and got back to the car at 9pm! One of the best falls of migrants I can remember over the last couple of days and I have a whole day off tomorrow, can't wait!
GREENISH WARBLER
Burnham Overy Dunes

 Redstart at Burnham Overy Dunes.

 Redstart at Burnham Overy Dunes.

 Pied Flycatcher at Burnham Overy Dunes.

Pied Flycatcher at Burnham Overy Dunes.
 

A few more pictures to be added

1 comment:

  1. Call me dirty but why would you have a shower before going out birding and getting all sweaty and excited.
    PCF you may remember me (unlikely) from such twitches as Bridled Tern at East Chevington

    ReplyDelete