SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Difficult Week!

There seems to be a continuous run of problems and issues with my parents at the moment. Neither of them are particular well either. Father was very unwell yesterday with serious hallucinations – he was seeing 'three big owls' in the living room and he really believed it and was very, very distraught, frightened and angry – all rolled into one. Mother went through a tough time, as we all did yesterday. District nurse out and then the doctor himself later on. Prescribed and issued penicillin for a possible 'underlying infection'.

Mother was then hysterical again later, as one of her radiator's was leaking and her usual plumber said it was leaking at the side and has to be drained off and removed – also because of their old heating system, the radiator can not be replaced! Good job we are almost into May! Mother refuses to have a ramp for Father's wheelchair out of the back door or out the front as it will 'spoil her garden' – again, I despair! She is also refusing to go to any health appointments that have been booked for her over the next week or two! Count to 10! I seem to be doing that alot lately!

I had to go over to parents last night and also had to phone 111 as the situation got worse. Again, I was in the wrong with whatever I did. When I described Father's symptoms on the phone, the doctor said someone should come out and see him, but Mother went berserk when she found out it would be the night team and the visit would be around 2am, which I can understand to be honest. The doctor was worried that father might have the beginning of a bleed (stroke), as he had also had a headache for the last three days. I returned home mentally exhausted. Got into bed, but was woken by a phonecall from an oncall doctor who had been unable to get through to my parents on the phone (Mother probably pulled the phone lead out of the wall!).

Things seem to be a calmer in the Clarke household today and a Matron visited Father to check him out again – all seems okish at the moment! Mother said he was exhausted and tired today, which is hardly surprising after all the shouting and anger yesterday. Thank god the owls have gone!!!

Was exhausted all day at work. Did my supermarket run this evening, which was way overdue. A neighbour asked me some camera advice about a battery for an old Praktica BCA film camera – he hadn't used the camera for years and asked if I knew what battery the camera required – still trying to find this out via net, but think its a 6v battery? Flew home and then rushed out again to Weightwatchers – lost another 2.5lbs (5lbs in 2 weeks) which was the only good thing that happened today. Flew back home, finished putting shopping away, cooked a quick tea and promptly collapsed and fell asleep on sofa. Took Mother's shopping order over the phone. Tomorrow night I have to do another shopping run for parents – I HATE FOOD SHOPPING!

Two days to go and I have NINE DAYS OFF!!! Yippeeeeeeeeee!!!! Next week I will be organising on-line shopping for Mother whether she likes it or not. In fact I might also do on-line shopping for me too – I hate it and along with ironing, I can't think of anything more tedious.

Weather looks good for birding next week – although I have lots of other jobs I need to do as well. I still have not unpacked all my boxes of clothes from the smoke damage yet!

3 comments:

  1. Penny, I came across your blog by accident & have read it daily since. We normally stay in Wells the first week of May & have been doing so for the last 7 years. This year however it's mid June due to my recovery from a operation. I've learnt of a few more places to visit for birding on our forthcoming trip. Enjoy your time off next week, look forward to reading about the birdlime next week. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first SLR Camera was a Practika Nova A...
    with 42mm screw fit lenses.
    The info you need [from the BCA manual is...
    "A 6 V source is required to power the whole electronic system. It may be an alkali-manganese, silver oxide or lithium battery. Four button cells (e. g. LR 44) kept in a battery sleeve (identification no. 961 363) may also be used."
    You do not need a sleeve... I have used the matching diameter heat-shrink tube from Maplins to "wrap" cells to make a battery.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is no wonder you are able to lose weight at the moment...
    with all that is going on...
    your rushing about everywhere....
    your snatched meals...
    just be careful!! Please.

    As for on-line shopping...
    an old friend of mine...
    consultant neuro-anethetist working at the LGI in Leeds...
    for similar reasons to you... used Fresco's online shopping and picked up the "family's hamper" on the way home...
    yes, there were occasional "What the ef' is this?" items...
    a pair of shoelaces on one occasion!!
    But they used to refund/exchange without a quibble...

    On another note... t'goodlady wife bought me an iPhone attachment for the Optic Ron for my birthday last w/e...
    it arrived yesterday... fits eyepiece and 'phone like a glove...
    haven't tried it yet... the weather turned...
    but the Oriole's back...
    as is the Turtle Dove...
    sitting in the walnut tree purring...
    despite having that "damp pigeon" look!!
    To me, that is a sound of Suffolk...

    ReplyDelete