SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 4 November 2017

Lunch With Lucy and Vivien!

A horrible rainy day in Norfolk, not even a hint of bright skies. I didn't get up very early this morning. However, tomorrow is supposed to be a lovely sunny day!

Vivien was in King's Lynn having her hair done, so I suggested we all meet up for lunch – we don't often do this, I can't remember the last time we had lunch together! We decided to go to Crofters Coffee House in King Street. Crofters is set in a 15th century underground tunnel and is a unique, quiet and relaxed setting.

Lucy choose a salmon and veg quiche, I choose a brie and veg quiche and both came with the usual potatoes and salad etc. Vivien had a ploughman's. The food was beautifully presented and the waitress service was good, but the quiche was luke warm and mine tasted really odd – I soon realised that mine had a strong hint of salmon to it. I pointed this out to the staff and they told me that all the quiches are cooked in the oven together! Not really good enough! If I had wanted a salmon quiche I would have ordered one! The food here is limited, so the only other choice would have been a sandwich or a jacket potato. As a vegetarian, I wouldn't come here again for hot food. But the coffee cake I had was excellent and made up for the main course! Vivien and Lucy enjoyed their Sticky toffee pudding and ice-cream.

We then had coffee and tea at my house and it was nice to sit and chat. Vivien's birthday is next weekend, so hopefully we will all meet up again then. Vivien's, Lucy's and my birthday all fall on the same day every year – Vivien's is next Saturday, mine is on a Saturday in January and Lucy's is on a Saturday in February, when she will be 50! It sounds so funny, there is no way Lucy looks 50! Lucy looks about 35 – where do the years go! Vivien left around 4pm and drove back to Ely in poor driving conditions. I helped Lucy to find some sheet music she wanted to buy, which proved far more difficult than we expected. In the end, I had to phone a Cambridge music shop for help. Took Lucy home and then I spent the rest of the evening chilling on the sofa with cheese on toast, watching 'Strictly'!

No comments:

Post a Comment