SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 24 April 2018

Daukes' Hide, Cley NWT!

From Daukes' Hide this evening with James McCallum and Eddie M. – I saw my first Swift of the Spring, a White Wagtail perched on the wire fence, Great White Egret, Whimbrel x 3, Med Gulls x 2, Reed Buntings, Little Ringed Plover x 1, several hirundines: Swallows, Sand Martins and a House Martin, Dunlins x 6, Heron, Little Egret, Marsh Harriers, Black-tailed Godwits, Avocets and Shelducks were the main highlights. There was no sign of the Black-necked Grebe from Babcock Hide when I looked earlier. It was a dismal evening with rain and grey skies.

The rest of the day has not been very good at all – I received bad news from my sister Vivien, who was made redundant on Monday and now has to look for another job and my mother has been having treatment in hospital all day, but now home and feeling a bit better (long story). Back to normality and work tomorrow!

Easterlies hit us again on Friday and Sunday (switching to west on Saturday), so hopefully there will be more rares arriving! Mind you, its only Tuesday, so the forecast could change completely by the weekend!

Something quite frightening happened just now, I plugged my iphone to my new imac to open 'Image Capture' to offload my recent pictures and videos off the phone (which I have done tons of times before with no problems) and a message came up with 'no camera or scanner detected' and then a warning message saying "USB Accessories Disabled – unplug the accessory using too much power to re-enable USB devices" THEN I smelt a burning smell and was aware that the USB cable was burning and twisting at the end of the cable which plugs into the phone!!! I quickly pulled out the cable from the imac (opposite end to burning) and both seem to be ok, but I was horrified to say the least! I havn't got time to sort it now, but will phone Apple up after work tomorrow for advice – they owe me a new USB cable for starters! So I can't put my pictures on videos on here until it is sorted. I have another USB cable, but don't want that to burn out too, can't take the risk of trying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment