SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 8 July 2018

A BOILING HOUSE!

I thought it was hot at my mother's house, until I returned to King's Lynn this evening! A boiling oven is the best way to describe my house! Apart from looking after mother, cooking dinner and topping up the bird feeders etc, I have not done anything too exciting – the best thing I was did was have a long snooze in the living room this afternoon when it was like a furnace outside. All the grass is pale yellow and sizzled – we desperately need some rain please!

This has to be the worst year ever for insect bites – I have so many and am constantly scratching, its driving me insane – I have scars from several of them too, which weirdly don't seem to be healing. We had a hedgehog clearing up the leftovers from the cat meat last night which was a nice surprise. The Squirrels have won and now have complete control over all the bird feeders – the only thing they have not mastered is to get through my home-made chicken wire netting cage which is around the fat ball feeder – I expect its only a matter of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment