SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 6 November 2020

Friday Update!

I'm having huge problems with my blog this evening. The faster I type, the less letters show up and blogger is mixing my sentences up, eg on the Norfolk Bird News I typed "Eastern Yellow Wagtail flew west over Gramborough Hill at Salthouse" and its switched the words around and it won't let me amend it!!! Its also coming up with a message saying "A web page is slowing down your browser. What would you like to do?" It then gives up the option of clicking "Stop it" or "wait" – whichever you click, its taking forever for the page to load to allow me to amend it. I GIVE UP!!!!! Good night.

Saturday afternoon – only just up, due to pain etc! So, I think I have worked out why I'm having trouble with my blog posts. I'm pleased to discover through testing etc, that is is not my blog, but possibly the RBA link at the top of my daily birds news. I have just phoned RBA up and whatever issues they are having, hopefully will be resolved soon. Any posts that don't contain my link to RBA are all working normally, eg I can speed type and letters appear instantly and I can open and edit my posts instantly – phew!

Back to Friday: A lady from the appointments team at QEH rang me this morning, to say that she had no control over bringing appointments forward and that I needed to ring Mr Redwood's secretary. I rung his stand in secretary and she also said much the same. I sent a message to my usual doctor (which you have to do now to make an appointment anyway) to ask if he could refer me to either a urologist or gynecologist (for endometriosis).

My team lead kindly rang to ask how I was and to request my sick note to be emailed through, which I did. I also rang Occupational Health at work to see if they could help in anyway, long story short..... they couldn't.

My usual doctor rang me back to say that he could not refer me to anyone else, going by what the hospital discharge summary said, although he could if he saw me again and felt it was appropriate. He said he hadn't got any appointments today himself, but I could have one with a different doctor at 4.05pm, so I obviously agreed to this.

Saw the doctor at 4.05pm – a doctor who has been with the practice for a very long time and finally started to get somewhere now!!! So on examination, he didn't think I had a femoral hernia (something I thought I might have), but after he prodded somewhere below my hip on the lateral side, I nearly jumped off the couch in pain!!! I had not expected that! He instantly said that he believes I have Trochanteric Bursitis [Trochanteric bursitis is inflammation of the bursa (fluid-filled sac near a joint) at the part of the hip called the greater trochanter. When this bursa becomes irritated or inflamed, it causes pain in the hip.] The doctor told me to stop taking the Oramorph and to continue with what my usual doctor had prescribed, before I was admitted to hospital, which was Co-codamol and Naproxen (anti-inflammatory) – he said that if this did not relieve the pain enough, then I could take the Oramorph as well. If this condition does not improve I can be given a steriod injection to relieve the pain, but they will only do that as a last resort he said. So basically I have to give the Naproxen time to work, along with ice treatment. He also told me to slow down – oh dear! I don't do slow, although at the moment I am!

Obviously this does not account for my day of bleeding last Friday (the day I went into hospital) and he was more concerned about that. He said there may be several things going on at the same time. From the movements of my right leg that he assessed, he said that I had a groin strain as well. He asked me to contact them again if there was any more bleeding and if the Bursitis had not improved. He took on board that Endometriosis may be causing me pain as well and to await my appointment with Mr Redwood on the 9th December.

No comments:

Post a Comment