SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 4 March 2021

Wildlife at Work!

Baby Muntjac under our office window this evening!

 

I had a Great Spotted Woodpecker on a tall tree in the staff car park this morning and Greenfinches x 2 in some bushes just before an entrance door to the hospital and also a Pied Wagtail. Since the small wood was stripped out of trees centrally a few years ago, I don't see or hear half the amount of birds in there as I used to. I would have normally heard a Chiffchaff by now, but no sign or sound of one yet!

On route to a patient's house this morning, it was a joy to see a Goldcrest flicking around in a hedge alongside the narrow road that runs just SE of Drove Orchards Farm Shop at Thornham. A couple of Common Buzzards also seen on route and lots of sheep in the field by the A149 – my heart leapt with joy when I saw the sea on the horizon! I can't wait to be able to return to coastal birding, I have missed it so much, its almost unbearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment