SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 19 December 2021

Weekend Update!

I spent Saturday with Vivien, Ray and Lucy at the Castle Rising Tea Rooms for our Christmas lunch. It was fabulous and a bargain at £29.95 for a three course meal and included chocolate mints and coffee. Ray and Vivien had turkey with the usual trimmings and Lucy and I had nut roast. Vivien and I declared the cheese cake, was the best we had ever tasted – Lucy and Ray had Christmas pudding, which was also equally delicious apparently. We couldn't fault the meal or the first class service and had booked a room to ourselves upstairs.

Lucy's Manager where she lives, has now informed us that with new Covid rules, Lucy has to have an assessment form filled in, each time she goes out with anyone, so after our lunch I had to take Lucy back home as she had not been assessed to come back to mine after lunch (seriously)! Vivien and Ray came back to my house for a cup of tea for a short while, which was lovely – they were the first people to step foot in my house since before Covid began! Watched Strictly Come Dancing Finale in the evening, which was probably the most emotional episode ever!

Sunday was spent working all day at the QEH until just after 4.45pm. Collapsed on the sofa when I returned home and fell asleep. Watched the Royal Variety Performance – the star being Bill Bailey of course, such a talented and funny man! I loved how he walked onto the stage in his "Strictly" Rapper's Delight attire! His whole set was unique and brilliant as always. Watch the show here.

I have my usual two days off tomorrow and Tuesday. At work all day on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (Christmas Eve) and then have my usual four days off, which of course includes Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Lucy is having her Christmas lunch where she lives. I'm not sure what I am doing yet, might do Christmas lunch or go birding, but later I'm picking Lucy up to have Christmas tea at my house. Vivien and Ray are having Christmas in Ely. Rain forecast for Christmas Day and maybe some snow a few days later!

Its quite shocking to hear on the news, that most of the hospital admissions with Covid are those who have not been vaccinated (for whatever reason). We have all had vaccinations at birth and throughout our lives, including vaccinations to go abroad and to work in the health sector, what is the issue with people having this one?!!! Vivien, Ray, Lucy and I have all had our Booster, why would you not have the vaccination and booster?!!!


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

🎄

No comments:

Post a Comment