SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 26 January 2022

Briarfields Birthday Lunch at Titchwell!

Lucy and I had had very little sleep last night because of a big incident that occurred and in normal circumstances, I think we both would have cancelled our lunch meet up, but we decided to carry on with our day! My original plan, was to go birding at Titchwell RSPB and then meet Lucy and Vivien at "Briarfields" in Titchwell, but after only having just under four hours sleep, I only just made lunch!

I wanted to go somewhere different for my birthday (tomorrow, but Vivien is working), as we always seem to end up at Castle Rising Tea Rooms. I searched on line for the place with the most interesting food and the yummiest dessert choice. As soon as I read that Briarfields did Sticky Gingerbread Pudding (poached pear & stem ginger compote, crème anglais) I was sold and booked a table!

Our last visit to Briarfields was almost four years ago with our dear mother, for Lucy's 50th birthday lunch – the chef had made a gloriously designed music themed cake in white icing, adorned with music notes and featured an exquisitely made violin and the food was divine.

We met up later than planned at 12.30pm and sat in the bar area at one of the four seater tables with high sofa seats, which are incredibly comfortable. The food was top class and the young waitress servicing us was so polite and well just perfect – a 10 out of 10 from "Pen" all round! Lucy and Vivien had the "IPA Battered Haddock" (with hand cut chips, minted mushy peas, tartare sauce & lemon) and I had the "Harissa marinated Halloumi" (Turkish baked tomato & aubergine, bulgur pilaf, cacik, spiced tomato relish) with hand-cut chips. We had coffees and cold drinks and Lucy and I both had dessert. Lucy had a very fancy looking Chocolate Mousse and I had the utterly scrumptious Sticky Gingerbread Pudding!

The food, service and timing was perfect and its rare I say that! Not cheap, but I don't mind paying that bit extra for perfection! Highly recommended. My only tiny complaint was that whilst we were having our dessert, a group of people arrived with two very loud barking dogs – they sat directly behind us and every time the dogs barked (every time someone came to serve their table), it seriously made me jump.

It was frustrating knowing that there was a White-tailed Eagle flying over here just before we arrived, but hey ho, I've seen a few now, so hopefully I will get to see this in the next few days. Lucy said she was freezing and absolutely refused to walk anywhere, but I did manage to persuade her to go for a short walk (in one of her favourite places), along the cliff top gardens in Hunstanton. We parked up by the bowling green and walked as far as the fish pond, but Lucy wouldn't even walk that far because it was "freezing" and she turned around to walk back, so we all returned to our cars. It was lovely to see the cliffs and the Fulmars gliding around in the lovely sunshine, even though it was the shortest walk ever! To be fair to Lucy, it was pretty cold, but refreshing!

We went back to my house for tea and cakes etc. Last night I had a baking session and made a "Brilliant Banana Loaf", "Berry Baked Oats with Coconut" and some "Short-bread Fingers", much to the delight of both my sisters. I packed up some of my bakes for them both to take home and some for Ray. Lucy and Vivien kindly gave me a birthday card each, an expensive joint present – my favourite perfume "Chanel N°5 Eau De Parfum Spray" and a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Just need the diamond ring now, I will await for that delivery tomorrow?! 🤣🤣🤣 I took Lucy home and Vivien drove back to Ely. Tomorrow, I'm spending my birthday birding.

No comments:

Post a Comment