SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 27 January 2022

MY BIRTHDAY!

After my incredibly late night being a good samaritan and yesterday's outing, I woke up far later than I expected, which was extremely annoying. One birthday card arrived in the post today, so I have a grand total of three cards now! The cards get less, the older you get I've noticed! But on a positive note, I had tons of birthday messages on Facebook and a few on Twitter, so thank you very much indeed.

I decided to do something incredibly boring on route to Holkham and stopped at Tattersett to get my car washed, but there were far too many cars in the queue, so I carried on. Parked up in the car park for the free two hours at Holkham Hall and walked along the path to the lakeside. Photographed some Fallow deer in afternoon light, which was nice. Stood with a few other birders in hope that the White-tailed Eagle would fly over the lake (as it did last night apparently), but it sadly didn't put in an appearance – I was too late, as it had been seen this morning. Lots of duck on the lake, Tufted Ducks, Pochards and Mallards. Flocks of Starlings, Pink-footed Geese and Jackdaws in the setting sun. Huge flock of approximately 80+ Redwings feeding on the lawn, directly in front of Holkham Hall. Tawny Owl calling in the car park.

Stopped in a field entrance just before the Burnham Market turn off and had a coffee and some of my shortbread biscuits – it was lovely listening to the geese congregating on Holkham Freshmarsh and I also saw two Woodcocks flying overhead towards the woods!

Spent the evening at home. Couldn't be bothered to cook tea, so had the rest of my Banana cake whilst snoozing and watching TV! Not the most exciting of birthdays, yesterday was better! But at least I'm still here, which is obviously a plus point! Roll on Spring!

PICTURES TO FOLLOW

No comments:

Post a Comment