SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 16 August 2022

Salthouse Heath On Fire!

Yesterday on Monday 15th August! Oh my goodness, wildlife will obviously have been lost, but this would have been so much worse if it had been Spring! I wonder what caused this fire?! Firecrews will have to remain overnight.
 
 
 
 

No rain or thunderstorms here yet, wish they would hurry up, I'm boiled. I really don't know how other birders have been able to go out birding over the last few days, its way too hot for me. I'm screaming to get out though, hopefully it will be a bit cooler soon, then I will escape!

I said the other day there were two Bee-eater chicks popping out of the nest hole on the webcam, yesterday this was been confirmed (already knew that!). The RSPB webcam is live from 8am-8pm, for those of you that have not looked yet.
 
Looking at the bird news yesterday and today, it looks like Autumn migration is earlier than normal, exciting times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment