SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 15 November 2022

Paintings Reframed: John Shepperd, Mick Goodman and More!

More pictures re-framed at

Picturecraft of Holt

 

This stunning painting of a Fieldfare by the late John Shepperd, was never framed, my father had kept it in a folder, so I decided it deserved to be framed and very pleased with the finished picture.

Fieldfare
Location and date unknown
JOHN SHEPPERD
 
Completed framing by Picturecraft of Holt
 
 

Mother and I both loved this stunning painting by my father's close friend Mick Goodman, but framed very poorly by my father and the gold mount had leaked onto the painting and he hadn't even put it in straight, Lucy at Picturecraft and I discovered, after removing it from the frame! An inner mount was used in the re-framing to try and distract from the paper discolouring, I think its kind of worked!

After the old frame was removed

Garden Warbler, Blackcap & Whitethroat
Location unknown – 1957
MICK GOODMAN
 
Completed framing by Picturecraft of Holt
Finished with "ArtGlass"
 
 
Another stunning watercolour by Mick Goodman
This is a very tiny painting and is actually a greeting card sent to my father
 
After the old frame was removed
 
Black Redstart
Location and date unknown
MICK GOODMAN
 
Completed framing by Picturecraft of Holt
 

UPDATE: Wednesday 16th November
 
After this post, I heard some very sad news that Mick had passed away only last Saturday! I don't know how old he was, but must have been a similar age to my father. I was going to ring Mick and his wife to tell him about the new frames and mounts for his pictures 😢
 
My most sincere condolences to his wife and to all his family and friends. Rest in peace Mick 🕊
 

I recall my father telling me that his mother (Grannie Hess) had done this beautiful pastel picture and frustratingly, I also recall him telling me where she painted this in Norfolk, but can't remember now – it might have been somewhere near North Walsham! Interestingly, the picture framers label on the back (below) says "Mrs Westmoor", who was our Great Great Aunt Ile and both she and Grannie Hess lived in Hunstanton – so did Grannie Hess gift this to Aunty Ile? Vivien (my sister) said she knew it was done by a relative, but she didn't think it was Grannie Hess – an unsolved mystery! I love the picture anyway, whoever did it – it used to hang on the wall below the landing in our family home, special memories.

After the old frame was removed
The old mount card which was stuck to the pastel, was amazingly removed by Picturecraft
 
Country Scene
Location and date unknown
HESTER CLARKE?
 
Completed framing by Picturecraft of Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment