SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 24 December 2022

Christmas Eve – Baking Day!

CARROT CAKE
 

Today I spent the afternoon and evening baking for Lucy, Vivien & Ray. I went a bit crazy and baked several things! A fabulous adapted Carrot Cake recipe that has featured on my blog before – here is the link and recipe, Mary Berry's Victoria Sandwich, adapted version (butter cream and crushed raspberries with the raspberry jam in the middleπŸ˜‹), Chocolate Crunch and Shortbread Biscuits! There was an insane amount of washing-up and my hands now feel like sandpaper! It was the first time I have had to use my oven, since I purchased the Ninja Foodi Max Pro Health Grill in September!

Topped up all the bird feeders, cleaned the bird baths out and put lots of goodies out for the birds. I really miss seeing a Song Thrush in my garden – I can't remember the last time I saw one here, so sad – one would instinctively appear, when I had put dried fruit out, but not any more 😞.

πŸŒŸπŸŽ„ πŸŽ‰ 🍰 πŸ”” 🎁 πŸŽ… ⭐

I was at work last week (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) and although I love my job, scraping ice from two cars each morning wasn't funny – had to do my car, in order to get to work and then the car I go out into the Community with!

One morning last week, I heard a Chiffchaff calling briefly in the birches at the QEH, but no binoculars with me and couldn't see it anyway.

The diet has been going fabulously and I have almost lost 1.5 stones so far and won several 'Slimmer of the Week' awards over the weeks. I have only put weight on once, a pound (last week) since I started in late September – but there is still a long way to go!

There was a Stroke Christmas Party this year, but I was a 'bah humbug' and didn't go, but from pictures and videos on FB, it looked like some of my colleagues had a highly 'spirited' evening!

I'm on my own for Christmas Day morning and lunch, but picking Lucy up in the afternoon and bringing her back to mine for tea and the evening. Getting together with Lucy, Vivien & Ray on Boxing Day and birding on the Tuesday!

Enjoy your festivities, family time and birding and if you are on your own, no worries, its just another day! The huge advantage of being on your own, is that you don't have the massive stress and hard work that some of the woman I know, have to go through every Christmas Day, because their family expect it! Mind you, I would give anything to be cooking for my parents tomorrow. The last Christmas I had with my mother was in 2017. Treasure every Christmas with loved ones πŸ’ž


  M E R R Y  C H R I S T M A S

🎢

πŸŽ„ 🎁 πŸ”” πŸŽ‰ 🎻    πŸ•― 🎢 πŸ•―

No comments:

Post a Comment