SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 1 September 2023

End of An Era!

NORFOLK BIRD NEWS

For the last eleven years and four months, I have been typing up the Norfolk Bird News for my readers, but I have now decided its time to call it day. Its been a long stint of over 4,000 posts and a considerable amount of time to complete each evening, often late into the night, especially in Spring and Autumn! I have had around 500 views a day on this news post alone, but only have four subscribers. I would like to thank my current and past subscribers for your support over the years. I continued with the Norfolk birds news after my move to Shetland, as I couldn't decide if I wanted to carry on with it or not.

Someone else may now take up where I'm leaving off and if you do, I wish you good luck, but be warned, its extremely hard to commit to this every single day and if you have a regular social life then forget it! I found that after being out birding all day, often until dusk, by the time you drive home, sort your gear out and switch the Mac on, you're tired before you start typing up the daily bird news! Then you write your own post for the day (often falling asleep at the desk) and have no energy left to edit and post your phototographs. Another reason for discontinuing this lengthy daily news, is so that I can improve my own birding posts and actually publish some pictures in a timely manner, instead of typing my usual 'Pictures to be added'!!! However, there will be a new daily bird news post from Shetland and UK megas, in a new format from 1st September, which will generally take up far less time, apart from the Autumn! 😉

Anyone wanting the Norfolk bird news, either subscribe to Rare Bird Alert to their services for live detailed bird news via Pager, Website, App, SMS or Twitter.

Other free sites (compiled at the end of each day, as mine was) available are:
www.norfolkbirds.com OR https://noa.org.uk/

HAPPY AUTUMN BIRDING! 😊

6 comments:

  1. Have been following your exploits in Norfolk...and trips to Shetland, before you made the giant leap to live there! How do I follow your Shetland birding experiences now, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you it’s been very nice to read all your birding ventures are you going to live in Shetland if so good luck to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all your past posts, which everyone appreciated. And we’re so pleased that the big move to Shetland has worked out so well. We look forward to all your future posts and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best in your new ventures. Will miss your norfolk updates

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for providing this service for so long! A real labour of love. Looking forward to following what’s about on Shetland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for all the reports you have done. Over the past years this has been my go to site for information on what birds have been seen in Norfolk. I don’t know what I will do now. I did not appreciate how much time you put into it, I naively assumed you were reposting from another site!

    ReplyDelete