SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 28 January 2011

Titchwell RSPB





Sunset from the Parrinder Hide, Titchwell RSPB.


I was soooo lazy today. I put off going out because it was so cold and I am fed up with the freezing conditions - the novelty has worn off! From my kitchen I watched a goldcrest flitting about amongst the neighbours Leylandi trees. The Squirrel has discovered the ground bird table and can annoyingly get inside the cage easily!!! Wish I had bought the small holed cage now!

Coot in the afternoon sunshine at Titchwell.


I did not go out until the afternoon. When I did finally arrive at Titchwell all I did was sit in the new Parrinder Hide in the sunshine and take sunset pictures! Two ruff were amongst other waders in the right section of the hide, nothing else of particular note. Phoned the visitor centre about a loose dog that was sitting outside the hide door grumbling at people as they dared to pass him - why do people not read "No dogs allowed" along the path to the hide either on or off leads!!! The owners of the dog came out of the hide. I politely pointed out that no dogs were allowed in this area and they were fine about it, but continued walking along the main path with no lead on the dog.

I did something really weird earlier - when I arrived in the car park I walked to the visitor centre, had a look at the sightings book and stepped outside - went to grab bins to look at what was on the feeders and realised I had no bins - I had left them in the car!!!!!!! I have never done that before - must be old age setting in! Visited parents, went home.


No comments:

Post a Comment