SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 29 April 2011

Royal Wedding Celebration at Work!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

William & Catherine!!!


The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge


Prince William and his wife Kate, Duchess of Cambridge kiss on the balcony in Buckingham Palace after their wedding service

This picture linked from: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/royal-wedding-pictures/8483415/Royal-wedding-balcony-kiss-William-and-Kate-at-Buckingham-Palace.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtM4hHvPpKs


I was at work all day which is understandable really - patients still need care! I instigated and helped to organise a party - well more of a get together in the day room on the ward. I was given money to buy a few bits and pieces - I bought 40 blue, red and white balloons, 30 picture flags for every patient and some serviettes and someone else bought a massive flag which was the centre piece. Very luckily we have a very large TV screen! It was probably the best day at work since I have been there. Some of my rehabilitation team and I along with all the ward staff, worked very hard to get all the patients washed so that they could watch the Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton at 11am. We not only achieved this by all pulling together, we actually finished early, which also allowed most staff to watch most of the main ceremony. It was a wonderful get together in the day room and a much better atmosphere than if I had been at home on my own! The canteen provided special lunches today including 'Royal Pudding' which I just had to go and buy at lunchtime, after seeing the patient's enjoying them! A lovely day to remember.

Thanks to everyone who helped to make today special for the patients and staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment