SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 7 April 2011

White tailed Eagle back briefly!

Norfolk News

White tailed Eagle at Brancaster Staithe Harbour at midday.
Black Stork at Upton at 10am (now travelled on to Kent!)
Greater Flamingo (bearing a blue ring) was seen at Titchwell and Brancaster today.
Sardinian Warbler was found at Hopton.
Hoopoe at Cantley.
Ring Ouzels - several throughout Norfolk

Someone on Birdforum mentioned on the Black Stork debate that the people who were moaning about the suppression of this bird have probably never birded at Sea Palling/Eccles. Well no, most of us have not been there very much, probably due to the fact Norfolk is a big county and most of us work and why go across the whole county to bird, wasting petrol, money and time when you have just as much chance as finding a good bird at the opposite end of the coast! It works the same for 'East coast birders' - I only see some familiar faces up this end of the coast when they are twitching a good bird - that they have heard about via RBA, Birdline, Birdguides or equivalent!!! I would love to have the time to explore the east coast more, I especially love Winterton Dunes. But right now if I could live anywhere in Norfolk it would be Cley/region! I find myself birding less and less at Holme because of the increased numbers of loose, out of control dogs. I never seem to have a problem with dogs at the Cley end of the coast, whereas I have regular run ins with dogs/owners at the Holme end of the coast.

I see young Connor has gripped me off with the Eagle! See his exciting account here!

Roll on the weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. I do not go to NW Norfolk birding that often as it is further for me to go than Cley, for example.

    The coast between Sea Palling and Winterton is less accessible than at many other places in Norfolk. Less car parks there for dog walkers!

    ReplyDelete