SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 23 April 2011

New Moth recorded for Norfolk

http://www.hawkandowl.org/About_us/newssections/SculthorpeNews/500thMoth

2 comments:

  1. For a matter of interest what was this? When I was in my teenage years my family used to visit your dad at Holme and he always showed us the month trap behind the observatory building. We even had one in our back garden in Norwich! Happy days. By the way, I stumbled on your blog a while back. You emphusiasm is very infectious, keep up the good work! Have let my birding drop in recent years for photography and travel since the days of Redbrested Nuthatch and Little Curlew all those years ago. Really must get back into it more rather than the odd twitch in Norfolk a year :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tristan - the moth only has a latin name, see second para down "Bactra robustana". Although father is obviously retired now, the moth trap is still behind the obs! They were happy days - indeed! You can't beat birding for keeping you sane, although my parents think I need help!

    I didn't see the Red breasted Nuthatch or Little Curlew - I was married and living in Colchester at the time and my birding days were virtually non-existent. Its only since I moved back to Norfolk in 2001 that I have taken up birding seriously again.

    ReplyDelete