SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 24 March 2019

Holme Dunes NWT and Holme NOA!

A beautiful sunny day – tons of traffic along the A149 grid locked both ways – its March and not even a bank holiday weekend or half-term?!!! I'm really fed up with the massive increase of traffic to our coast, its getting ridiculous now! There are some very selfish drivers who think they are in the bl**dy city as I found out today, when driving along the Firs Road to Holme Reserves!

The light from the Wader Pool Hides (as they were known) at Holme Dunes NWT was beautiful this afternoon and I had the hides all to myself, magic! I also had my first Sand Martins x 4 and House Martins x 2 from Christie's Hide, which was very uplifting. Nothing much else of note though, but plenty of Black-headed Gulls, Wigeon, Shelducks, Teal, Shovelers, Snipe x 4 in flight and Marsh Harrier. Toads were on the grassy paths and a few Bees were seen.

Sat outside the observatory and reminisced. 2 Pied Wagtails and a flock of Linnets were feeding on the grassy slope east of the observatory and a male Stonechat perched on the fence wire. 1 Goldcrest in the buckthorn and a Little Grebe was at the edge of the Broad Water. Walked round the back of the pines and onto the beach. I was very impressed with a couple who were bagging up loads of rubbish on the beach, something my dear mother did regularly over many, many years.

Went to check the house at Holme – every time I visit, it makes me so sad, I wish it would hurry up and sell, I can't bare each time I go, seeing more bulbs and flowers coming up – all memories of my dear mother. Need it sold so I can start my life again, somewhere new.

Lucy played another concert today in St Nicholas's Church in King's Lynn with the Norfolk Symphony Orchestra. I didn't go as can't afford to go to them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment