SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 17 April 2020

LOCKDOWN DAY 24 – COVID-19

THURSDAY 16th APRIL

So, for the last two days I have started wearing PPE. Wearing a surgical mask is one thing, but with a large plastic visor over this as well, makes it incredibly hot and claustrophobic – you have to take it all off after about an hour, just to be able to breathe normally for a while and to give your face and skin a short break for a few minutes, so you try and time it for going to the loo or doing a little job that doesn't require the PPE. It exhausts you, especially because it has been quite hot this week. Wearing plastic gloves for every patient contact is going to affect our hands hugely too – we wouldn't normally wear gloves for every patient contact, it all depends on what you are doing, but now we have to wear them for every patient we see. There are goggles you can wear instead of a visor, but I don't feel these protect you as much, and you can't mess about with this evil virus.

I felt too tired to get off the sofa to join in with the pot banging at 8pm "Clap For Carers" and it didn't sound like too many people had made an effort in my street either. So, we are on lock down for a further three weeks, no surprise there and it will go on longer than that I expect. What an incredibly difficult time we are all going to have to endure.

I had a wonderful surprise today! A few day's ago, Paul B. contacted me, to ask if I would like some of my late father's articles (Norfolk Notebook and Warden's Notebook) published in Bird Watching magazine from 1987 to 1989 – obviously I said I would love to have them. They arrived in the post today and brought back many happy memories of days gone by, including my father's account of the Black-winged Stilts arriving and breeding at Holme! I will really enjoy reading these articles over the weekend. Huge thanks to Paul for posting them to me!

UK lockdown extended for 'at least' three weeks

Capt Tom Moore's NHS fundraiser hits £16m

UK residents 'Clap for our carers'

Weather presenter goes viral drumming to BBC News theme

15 more deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospitals

Ten King's Lynn hospital patients die after contracting coronavirus

No comments:

Post a Comment