SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 25 April 2020

LOCKDOWN DAY 33 – COVID-19

An evening walk resulted in my first Swallow at last!!! It was a joy to see as it skimmed over my head near the fields behind Spring Wood, adjacent to Reffley. Probably the latest one I have ever seen, due to being stuck inland! Saw my Short-eared Owl again and got closer views this time, as it twisted and turned in the evening sunlight, over the reed bed and fields. Green Woodpeckers were laughing and Blackcaps, Chiffchaffs and Reed Warblers were singing. I didn't see the Barn Owl this evening, but this is such a vast area, I'm sure it was there somewhere. A Kestrel was perched in the middle of the fields and there were lots of Muntjac and Pheasants around.

This all sounds lovely I know, but I'm screaming to go to the coast, I feel inprisioned and its really affecting my mood. Plus, I don't feel free or safe walking round here, I'm constantly looking behind me – I rarely feel like that on the coast. Back at home I sat in my deckchair listening to a Blackbird singing at dusk. Late evening, I felt the urge to cook and made some rock cakes and ginger biscuits.

Woman in her 30s among six more coronavirus deaths in Norfolk’s hospitals

‘You need to be prepared for all situations’ - trainee nurse associate speaks of life inside hospital

UK could see 40,000 coronavirus deaths, UEA professor warns

Boris Johnson to return amid 'lockdown dilemma'

Worldwide death toll climbs to 200,000

Dancer uses bin night to perform for neighbours

No comments:

Post a Comment