SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 13 September 2013

An Expensive and Stressful Day!

Today was exhausting to say the least and no birding was involved whatsoever!

Up early and drove over to David at Advanced Camera Services at Watton to take my 300 f4 lens to be fixed. It has only been working on f4, all other settings have resulted in the camera saying 'communication between the lens and camera is faulty, clean the lens contacts' – I cleaned the lens contacts and nothing changed. Didn't have time to wait, so left lens for David to look at and then drove back to the Skoda garage at King's Lynn to leave my car to be valeted and polished. Walked into town and spent all day looking for accessories for my dress I am wearing for a wedding tomorrow. I really should have gone to Cambridge, but just didn't want to go. I got everything I wanted, well kind of, apart from the evening sandals I wanted, so will have to make do with a pair I have already. Walked back to garage, collected car and then drove to Watton to collect lens and paid £120 for the repair. The diaphragm is dodgy apparently and could go again at a later date – I ideally need a new one, but David has done a temporary job in fixing it – long story. Drove back to 'Next' on Hardwick Ind. Estate, as its open late and purchased all my jewellery for tomorrow. I was exhausted by the time I had got home. Booked to have my make-up done free tomorrow morning in Debenhams! (catch is though you have to buy one product). Its going to be a long day tomorrow and I am driving back home at the finish, so no drinking champagne for me! Lay in on Sunday morning and then out birding somewhere, before going back to work on Monday. Will also have to keep my fingers crossed that any Mega's on route to Norfolk, don't arrive until Sunday please!

No comments:

Post a Comment