SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 29 September 2013

MEGA! Rufous-tailed Robin in Norfolk!!!?

Unbeknown to me whilst I was at work today a MEGA Alert went out on the pager "Rufous-tailed Robin" at Overstrand!!!!! I first knew about it in my second shift. I had just started my 20 minute teabreak when I could see missed calls on my phone – 'bother' was the first word that came to mind! Phoned 121 on answerphone and listened to two messages (thank you BOTH for your calls, it was much appreciated – you know who are) to inform me about the bird. It made me feel ill, knowing I was at work and there was nothing at all I could do about it.

On my arrival home I found out that the bird seen by an observer/s is not now thought to be a Rufous-tailed Robin. Too tired to go into the whole story, so read it here for yourself: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=267679

Two days hardcore birding starts at dawn tomorrow – can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment