SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Snettisham Coastal Park!

With news of Yellow-browed Warblers turning up in Norfolk I decided to try and find my own after work. With the light disappearing fast each evening now, I really have to stay local, so Snettisham Coastal Park is my nearest place to search, when there are migrants around.

It was misty and dull when I arrived in the carpark. I heard a robin, a chiffchaff calling and approximately three different Cetti's Warblers and that was it! Unbelievably dead!!! I drove home very disappointed. The lull before the storm maybe?

I have been informed that each day will get better towards the weekend, with Sunday/Monday bringing the goodies. I'm working all day on Sunday, but have Monday and Tuesday booked off!!! So hopefully when I booked those two days a year ago, I might, just might have struck lucky!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny, I'm thinking you must be clairvoyant knowing that next Monday and Tuesday are going to be GREAT from a year ago.
    Any idea what the lottery numbers are for Saturday by any chance!!
    There were up to 10 Yb Warblers on the Isle of May yesterday and 3-4 at Fife Ness, so with extra cover over the next few days we will hopefully find a few other goodies.
    Love the blog as always Penny!!
    Keep in touch
    Malc
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malcolm!
    Sometimes I am lucky, sometimes not. My luckiest week was the 11th of October 2010 when I had Pallas's Warblers, Yellow-browed Warblers, Olive Backed Pipit, Redstarts, Black Redstarts, Bramblings etc etc!

    Thank you for you kind comments. Hope you see some good birds!

    ReplyDelete