SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 30 November 2014

Titchwell RSPB!

After doing some shopping for my parents I went to Titchwell RSPB. Found a Goldcrest, Chiffchaff and a Wren by The Fen Hide, but no sign of the recent Firecrest.

Loads of Golden Plover and Lapwings along with Teal, Shovelers, Shelducks, Redshanks, Black-tailed Godwits, Little Egrets, Gulls etc. A nice count of 6 Little Grebes near the end of the main path with 1 Greenshank and a couple of Curlews.

On the sea, a Red-necked Grebe, 3 Guillemots east, 5 Common Scoters west – a Grey Plover on the beach, with Redshanks, Sanderlings, Turnstones. Loads of Oystercatchers and Gulls east, towards Brancaster.

A very tame Black-headed Gull sat begging for food on the beach next to me and a couple of other birders! Sadly I had no food to give though. I walked out to the sea and suddenly I noticed the same gull had followed me out there! There it was, only a yard away looking up at me with a sad and hopeful look in its eyes. I carried on sea-watching and every time I looked round, the gull looked up at me – took some pictures with the iphone! Raining and cold whilst I was birding.

Spent the evening with my parents and Vivien, discussing Christmas, big birthdays, jobs, life and all kinds of stuff! Mother is most intrigued by lots of Honey Bees that are around the roof of her house – she can't work out what they are feeding on and has never seen Honey Bees this late in the year before!

Chatted to Andy W. when I got home, who had returned from Holland with Justin and Chris L., having bagged African Desert Warbler for their netfugl lists! and also saw a White-crowned Black Wheatear and a Long-legged Buzzard! Slightly more interesting than my weekend!

PICTURES TO BE ADDED

No comments:

Post a Comment