I'm sure you all know the answers, but it was very amusing testing my colleagues out, they didn't do too badly though, considering none of them are birders. Only one person knew the emblem of the RSPB and it took alot of guessing to get No. 11 question right. The only person to get No. 5 correct was Anne-Marie who is Scottish, so expected her to know this! I did 15 nursing questions aswell, but havn't bothered to add them here.
Sarah and I dished chocolates out for the winners of the three teams, chocolates for the runners-up and I threw in a couple of bonus questions to win my two RSPB complimentary reserve tickets – which Andrea and Sara won. You never know, it might encourage some of them to take up birding!
- What bird is the emblem of the RSPB?
- In the Christmas song ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’ what bird sat in a pear tree?
- Where is the famous British Birdwatching Fair held?
- Which county is the furthest that Penny has twitched a rare bird?
- What is the largest UK bird?
- What is this bird (picture A)?
- What is the smallest UK bird?
- Who is the nation’s best known birding celebrity?
- What is Britain’s national bird?
- What is this bird (picture B)?
- What is the most common bird in the UK?
- Which county is renowned as probably the best all round county for birding in the UK?
- Norfolk’s oldest nature reserve, Cley Marshes NWT (Norfolk Wildlife Trust) was established in which year?
- What bird is traditionally eaten in the 12 month of the year?
- Where is the best place to find out all the Norfolk bird news on a daily basis along with mega bird news for the UK?