SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 7 October 2015

60 Minutes Birding & Toadstool Bonanza!

Whilst eating lunch in my car at work today, I saw a lot more birds than I normally do. Several Blackbirds, a tit flock of Long-tailed Tits, Great Tits, Blue Tits and several Robins. Also in our In-Service training I noticed several Rooks collecting fruits from the ornamental tree in the garden outside the window, 2 Robins and a Blackbird (I was listening, honest!) Also there is a fabulous collection of mushrooms and toadstools springing up in the usual spot at work, including Fly Agaric – I have been taking pictures daily on the iphone.

Went to SW tonight and had gained 4lbs – totally my fault of course, but how the hell can you take a salad to Blakeney Point, I mean, for goodness sake!!! Serious birding and dieting does NOT work! I didn't stay for the group as I wanted to go birding.

Snettisham Coastal Park produced absolutely nothing! I was shocked, but to be fair it was 6pm when I arrived and the light was dire and even darker than a week ago. I heard a Robin and saw one other LBJ dive into a bush and that was it!

PICTURES TO BE ADDED

2 comments:

  1. 'how the hell can you take a salad to Blakeney Point, I mean, for goodness sake!!! Serious birding and dieting does NOT work!' ---- Oh dear Penny, you need some instruction in how to be organised. Before the weekend, boil up half a dozen eggs and put them in the fridge so they're ready. Chop up your salad into bite sized bits and put it into one of those plastic chinese takeaway boxes. Smother in mayo or whatever. Take it and one of your boiled eggs & a small packet of salt + plastic fork in your rucksack to Blakeney Point, along with one chocolate digestive in a plastic bag and bingo, diet picnic! Or make up some sandwiches the night before, or whatever you want, couscous is really good too. Slimming World, Weight Watchers and all those really don't work otherwise why would people be still going to them year after year? That's what they rely on. Spend the money instead on some decent food for picnics, so that you can steer clear of the cheese scones and everything. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete