SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 7 April 2016

A Difficult Evening!

Last night was a very difficult evening. At 10.30pm I had to drive over to my parents, but this time to assist my Mother more than Father! Mother had had a very painful left leg all day – she had a suspected pulled muscle by the sounds of things, she could hardly walk and then to top it all, she fell in the garden whilst on her way to get washing off the line at dusk and had grazed/bruised her right knee! She was not in a fit state to get Father into bed.

When I arrived at their house, I was shocked at Mother's level of mobility, which was poor to say the least – she could hardly put one foot in front of the other. I got Father into his pyjamas, administered tablets and got him into bed, calming him down and sweetly but firmly suggesting that he didn't disturb Mother in the night unnecessarily and not to wake up until at least 7am, instead of the usual 3am, 4am etc. Mother sat in the chair and said she just needed to wind down for a while. I bluntly told that I was going until she was in her bed too, so I sat on the bottom of the stairs, waiting for her to get ready for bed. She refused to take any tablets for her pain – impossible and stubborn is an understatement! But, I got my way over applying a lot of voltarol gel onto her leg to help ease the pain. Eventually I saw Mother safely into bed and then had to creep out of the house without disturbing Father, which I think I got away with.

Arrived back at my house early hours this morning – can't remember what time exactly, but I didn't get to bed until 2.30am. When I phoned Mother this morning to see how last night went – they had both slept and Father didn't call out until 7am!!! My therapeutic powers worked!

After a day at work, by this evening, I was 'cream-crackered'. I started watching what looked like a fascinating documentary 'How To Stay Young' BBC1 at 9pm – I saw the first 15 minutes and then opened my eyes to the BBC news – it was 10.10pm! So I missed most of it, will have to watch it on iplayer. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment