SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 19 August 2018

Searching for Pictures

I wasted most of the day – got up late, felt very low, cried, watched TV, fed the cat, topped up the bird feeders, dozed and eventually decided I needed to get on with funeral planning. I was much more organised for my father's funeral – this time I don't feel like being organised and don't want to organise my mother's funeral – I shouldn't be, she has gone to soon.

We never got round to searching all through father's belongings, in fact we've hardly started, so today I made that start. I needed to find some nice photographs of mother for the Order of Service – she hated having her picture taken and there are far less photos of her than we have of father. I eventually found two, one of her in her early twenties with her hair in a bun and another of her sitting in the first ever bird hide in Norfolk at Holme Bird Observatory – this picture was fascinating and I had never seen it before! My father has hundreds and hundreds of black and white bird photos, nest pictures, scenery pictures and a few of people. The most exciting ones I found were of the Ivory Gull, the first Collared Flycatcher at Holme Bird Observatory and some lovely pictures of Cley including a stunning picture of Old Woman's Lane, my father overlooking Arnold's Marsh (don't know who took that), the Heligoland Trap at Cley Bird Observatory, pictures of Barry Spence, Paul Kirby and Richard Richardson. This is just the first big trunk of photos! There is a long way to go..........

Cooked dinner late evening and then found a folder at the back of a draw marked 'When One dies'!!! This had father's requests of who his possessions should go to, which although not drawn up officially in a will, really should be honoured out of respect. I found lots of birthday cards, framed paintings that I had done at art college, old maps. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment