SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Busy Bees

TUESDAY 14th AUGUST
The first obstacle today was the fact the landline wasn't working first thing this morning! Vivien and I had to drive to Hunstanton to get a signal on our mobiles in order to phone BT to report the fault! I was so angry when I phoned them and this actually resulted in the fault being partly rectified today and we were back working again by the afternoon! Various jobs had to be completed in town anyway and also went into a florist to discuss and order the flowers for mother's coffin – can't believe I am typing those words and I can't believe it is one week today since she died – it does not seem possible that she is no longer with us. We had to make several important phone calls from our mobiles in the Sainsbury's car park where the signal is pretty good – extremely annoying.

Vivien did some food shopping whilst I returned home and I had an on-line delivery between 2 and 3pm, except that it didn't turn up as the van had broken down! This also mean't that the new phone we ordered from Sainsbury's for Holme did not arrive (our phone was broken recently – long story and we have been using an ancient old phone we found upstairs in a cupboard, which fades out at times when people are speaking to you). This mean't I had to drive to Argos in King's Lynn to buy one before going to my hairdressing appointment, which I was going to cancel as I can't face speaking to anyone I know at the moment, but decided to keep it as I knew that at this time of the year, I wouldn't get another appointment with my hairdresser for several months. As soon as I saw Beth my hairdresser I started crying – it was a big mistake going to that appointment and I felt guilty as it must have affected other clients having their hair done. I booked my Autumn and Christmas hair cut whilst there! Returned home late evening to find that Vivien had done lots of work in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment